SCM

Forum: support

Monitor Forum | Start New Thread Start New Thread
RE: iliasEXAM [ Reply ]
By: Achim Zeileis on 2023-02-20 08:14
[forum:49604]
I expect them to be "lazy", not sure whether this counts as "optimism" ;-)

Regarding the restrictions of exams2ilias: I think that some of the current limitations ("num" specifically) should not be difficult to overcome, especially with access to people with enough experience. Probably just a few small XML tags are not specified exactly as expected by ILIAS or not in the right order or something like that. So if you end up trying out the system, we might have another look at this.

By: michael schulte on 2023-02-20 06:43
[forum:49603]
I love that you are optimistic about 'them' ... historically there is no good reason for that with Ilias ;) but we will see - I will report back once I have some intel ...
thanks for pointing at the restrictions of exams2ilias()

By: Achim Zeileis on 2023-02-20 06:30
[forum:49602]
If I were them, I would have only provided a different "player", limiting the type of interactions of the participants, possibly requring a safe exam browser or something like that. But I would have kept the same underlying "engine" and "editor" for the content.

Hence I have some hope that the output generated by exams2ilias() would also be suitable for iliasEXAM. But of course you never know...

Moreover, recall that there are some limitations (e.g., currently a lack of support for "num" exercises) in exams2ilias() compared to other exams2xyz() functions.

By: michael schulte on 2023-02-20 05:48
[forum:49601]
Thanks for your reply Achim!

iliasEXAM enables you to do online testing in a more controlled environment (as far as I understand it) than the regular test module. Formally it is also accepted from my uni as a testing tool, whereas the built in testing is not (I assume that this has do to with server availability and stability) ...

I have a access to our system but waiting for an exam to be initiated for me - once this is done I can report back on import/export opportunities

Have a great start into the week
Michael

By: Achim Zeileis on 2023-02-20 00:53
[forum:49600]
Maybe some of the exams2ilias() users know more about this. Unfortunately, I don't.

I searched the web a bit and tried to find out what iliasEXAM is exactly. My impression is that it is ILIAS' e-exams system (as opposed to online tests in the classical ILIAS learning management system). But it is unclear to me how it differs from ILIAS and how you could export/import content into the system. Is there any (technical) documentation?

iliasEXAM [ Reply ]
By: michael schulte on 2023-02-18 07:51
[forum:49599]
Hi all,

my uni offers iliasEXAM for computer based testing - I was wondering whether there is a link from examR to iliasEXAM (I know that there is one to testing within Ilias) and if anybody has experience with it?

Thanks
MIchael

Thanks to:
Vienna University of Economics and Business Powered By FusionForge